- 1/2 Chase Right and Roll. It appears that all dancers can roll: sequence diagram.
- After a Veer Right, all dancers would turn right on a U-Turn Back instead of turning toward their partner: sequence diagram.
Examination of the infamous back flip and a half twist which seem to be called when a mini-wave needs to converted into a couple. This sequence also calls lead right and lead left from unusual positions.
s/sq4 tq ws r/l "finish a ferris wheel sq3 l/tq ws l/l "finish a ferris wheel c/tq "box circulate twice "with a back flip and a half twistsequence diagram.
Spin Chain Thru from alamo ring
l/a " alamo style "I want you to squeeze the right hand, we are going to start with the right and do a spin chain thru from here. "Everybody turn half by the right "With the left hand cast off 3/4sequence diagram.
- The following demonstrates the importance of remembering who your partner is: sequence diagram.
- Called a Wrong-Way Left Allemande: sequence diagram. A regular Left Allemande ends with the men ready to do a Right and Left Grand or a Promenade (counterclockwise direction). A Wrong-Way Left Allemande ends with the men in position to do a Wrong-Way Right and Left Grand or a Wrong-Way Promenade (clockwise direction).
The A2 level has a section on All 4 couples and all 8 versions of other calls. These were called by Jerry and Joe
- All 4 couples Swing Thru
- All 4 couples Single Circle to a Wave
- All 8 Fan the Top. Like All 8 Spin the Top except initial trade is not done
- 4 couples Right and Left Thru
- All 4 couples Ping Pong Circulate. When starting from a static square, the couples get into a Wrong-Way Thar like that of All 4 couples Swing Thru. When starting from a Wrong-Way Thar, original partners step straight forward out of the Wrong-Way Thar and Trade.
- An All 8 Spin the Top was preceded by a Box the Gnat: sequence diagram.
From a static square
heads Star Thru Sides Face Grand Square (initially everybody backs up)
Explode and face your partner left bg and rollHere is the definition of Box the Gnat
Dancers step forward, join and then raise their right hands. The lady steps forward and does a left-face U-Turn Back under the raised joined hands, as the man walks forward and around the lady while doing a right-face U-Turn Back. Each dancer ends in the other’s starting position.With suitable modifications left Box the Gnat is
Dancers step forward, join and then raise their left hands. The lady steps forward and does a right-face U-Turn Back under the raised joined hands, as the man walks forward and around the lady while doing a left-face U-Turn Back. Each dancer ends in the other’s starting position.Unless Roll is called afterwards, you can ignore the handedness of the call without breaking the square since dancers end in the same positions either way. sequence diagram.
- Had girls Zoom, boys Ping Pong Circulate: sequence diagram.
- sides face, Right and Left Grand (not Grand Square!) from static square.
- Man #1 promenade, swing your partner. Rare example of when an individual dancer is named.
- Explode and roll.
- Called a Coordinate with no trades. I think the boys (who moved to ends) missed the flow more than the girls.
- Half Sashay while promending half way. I guess you can do it anywhere along the way.
- Wrong way sides promenade half way. I wonder how Vernon would do this?
- Called Acey Deucey from diamonds.
- Put centers out. Gets you every time.
- Called Crossfire from t-bones: sequence diagram.
- Called "R I in" instead of "Run"
- Since a Bend the Line results in a line it can be called multiple times in a row. This sometimes causes bending fatigue in the dancers.
side ladies chain to the right this means that the side lady goes to the head lady on her right pulls by and does a courtesy turn sides right and left thru side ladies lead dixie style ping pong circulate center two boys hinge those in the head position, you are going to work long and pass the ocean so pass all the way thru the diamond and then face and step and join right hands so girls you have a medium diamond, a distorted one, but its medium girls diamond circulate to the next spot those in the big wave grand swing thru the centers cut the diamond and the others hinge and roll centers explode the wave centers run around the ends dance forward and come on back box the gnat girls get ready with the left and fan the top linear cycle pass thru wheel and deal girls zoom centers veer left centers bend the linesequence diagram.
- Called Load the Boat from a tidal wave.
From a static square called
heads rollaway sides are normal head boys center Teacup ChainSo both the head boys and the side girls will be starring in the center but never with each other.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Calls from Jerry and Joe's Weekend
at 12:07 PM