Jerry Story called.
- From an Alamo Ring called boy Run right, boy Run left, girl Run right, boy Run left: sequence diagram. The initial Run right sets the boys moving counterclockwise and the girls moving clockwise and this flow is maintained by all the other runs. It is likely that the caller will always try to maintain the initial flow. Furthermore the Allemande left set the boys in a counterclockwise direction and the girls in a clockwise direction which is probably why the first run called will be either boys Run right as it was here or girls Run left.
- Weave the ring called after a Recycle
- Interesting Circulate
starting from static square sides right and left through sides pass the ocean ping pong circulate side men roll heads recycle head men roll circulate (walk straight ahead) boys trade boys roll everybody trade roll pass through wheel and deal boys swing throughsequence diagram
- Four different kinds of quarter promenades by lead dancers of a completed double pass through formation
- Called a Walk and Dodge from lines facing out even though the definition says that the starting formations are Box Circulate and Facing Couples: sequence diagram. It turns out this is a Step and Slide which is an A1 call.
- There are flow considerations when calling Walk and Dodge. From the definition:
Be careful when using this call as some calls don't flow well or feel good after a Walk and Dodge (e.g., "Walk and Dodge, Bend the Line" or "Walk and Dodge, Wheel and Deal" are not good body flow for half of the dancers).sequence diagram
- Called half of a Chase Right: The right-hand dancer does a right face U Turn Back & Box Circulates once (instead of twice). The left-hand dancer follows ("Chases") the right-hand dancer by doing a Box Circulate one position (instead of two).
- Not sure how dancers are supposed to square up at the end of this one without the heads facing in and the side ladies doing a U-Turn Back. Perhaps it happens when the dancers bow to their partners: sequence diagram
- Called Flutterwheel from Sashayed couples. Men have to play the role the woman normally plays and go bring a woman back. Men go in with right hands and bring the woman back with their left hand.
- Called Reverse Flutterwheel from Sashayed couples. Women have to play the role the man normally plays and go bring a man back. Women go in with left hands and bring the man back with their right hand.
- Called Separate and Walk Around 3 and Squeeze In: sequence diagram. Do not count the walkers.
- This snippet shows that the dancers who are not separating and walking around 3 can be doing something while the others are walking: sequence diagram.
Called the following sequence starting in a eight chain through formation.
wrong way allemande left, allemande left this girl come back until you find your corner and do a wrong way right and left grand until you find your partner when you find your partner, box the gnat ...
Crazy Circulate (a C2 call)
Everybody does a Split Circulate Centers do a Box Circulate Everybody does a Split Circulate Centers do a Box Circulate
Crazy Flutterwheel (a C2 call). Notice that when the centers do the flutterwheel, they are half-sashayed.
Everybody does a Flutterwheel Centers do a Flutterwheel Everybody does a Flutterwheel Centers do a Flutterwheel
- Crazy Right and Left Thru
Everybody does a right and left thru Centers do a right and left thru Everybody does a right and left thru Centers do a right and left thru
- This sequence of calls aligned the dancers at 45 degrees and then got them back to being parallel to the side walls. In both cases, the dancers rotated 45 degrees by making lines and moving up to the middle and back:
starting from home position heads right and left thru dixie style to an ocean wave boys trade left swing thru the center girls make an arch side ladies lead dixie style to a wave (through the arch) boys diamond circulate pick up a girl lines up to the middle and back you're on the diagonal, you are on the cattywumpus where you should be, on the 45 degree angle right and left through pass the ocean swing thru boys run girls hinge diamond circulate cut the diamond bend the line pass the ocean swing thru spin the top just the center wave spin the top swing thru in the middle every boy run right move along, make lines up to the middle and back everything should be square with the world now because two cattywumpuses equal a straightsequence diagram